The Christmas sweater...and then some

So I decided against posting pictures of the sweater I am making a special someone for Christmas because then he/she may see them, so I will just give typed updates instead and post progression pictures after Christmas.

The sweater is coming along nicely! I have made it past the arm holes and am now working on the body of the sweater. I somehow ended up with an extra stitch on an arm hole, so on the row after I joined the armpit, I just knit two together. I'm pretty sure this won't make a difference later, and right now it's completely invisible. After I get the arm on, no one will ever know it happened! :)

I am going on a trip to New Orleans this weekend and have a nice block of 6 hours each way to work on this project! I am hoping to get it done long before Christmas so I can start ornaments soon! I am trying this new thing; only have one (or two) projects on needles at once! I have three right now, so I am trying to finish the sweater and a baby blanket before I begin anything else! However, I just found out I have a baby shower to go to at the end of the month. So, naturally, I have been looking at quick baby patterns to make. I think I'm going to go with the classic hat, mits, booties combo, and then sew up some burp cloths as well. I found a pattern for these quickly sewn burp cloths online and I think they look very useful! You only need one fat quarter of fabric and terrycloth. The pattern I am using can be found here. For the hat, I found a pattern with a scalloped motif that I think is so adorable! Only problem is that it is all in German... They made a chart though so I can just follow the chart and I think I'll be fine! The pattern is found here. I'll post pictures as soon as I begin!

Happy knitting everyone!!

Comments

Popular Posts