Sewing troubles and commission work!

Hi fellow knitters!

It's been a while since I posted about my creative musings, so I thought I'd update everyone on what has been happening in that area lately.

The main reason why I haven't had the time to post is because I have been fighting with my sewing machine....and losing. I was in the middle of a wedding quilt last week when my presserfoot and feeddogs just decided to not meet, or hold my fabric anymore! My feeddogs were also feeding my fabric off to the left! You can imagine how happy I was!

****insert angry face here!****

So I spent a good amount of time ripping out wonky stitches and trying to fix what I thought was a presserfoot problem. I changed my presserfoot about 5 times to 5 different feet, and that didn't help. Then I decided to look at the feeddogs to see if something was loose. I found nothing.

Feeling defeated, I reluctantly at the dinner my wonderful boyfriend made while I was busy swearing up a storm in the office. The next day I called a repair man who has apparently been in the business for 30 or more years. He said he has never heard of a problem like mine before....very encouraging... My sewing machine is going to the repair man today...hopefully whatever is wrong can be fixed!

In the mean time, my amazing boyfriend got his mother's sewing machine for me to use so I can finish the surprise gift I have for my friends bridal shower next weekend and the quilt! Yay for my awesome boyfriend!

I also have recently accepted a commission for a baby blanket, hat, and booties set. I will get the yarn this weekend and begin that next week, as long as my surprise gift is done! She chose a cute chevron pattern for the blanket, and I will make a matching hat and solid pink booties to match! The blanket will be in pink, yellow, and blue. I'll post pictures and updates as I work on it!

For anyone who may want to commission work from me, I created a chart for my pricing and timelines. See my blog page here!


Happy Knitting!



Comments

Popular Posts