Moms Christmas sweater!

I have finally gifted my moms sweater! Here she is wearing it!

 I'm just so happy that it fits! I used a pattern from Linda Wilgus called "Chunky Fudge Lace Cardigan". It can be found on ravelry. You can search for me, SweetPeaMarie and look under my projects to find it or just search for the sweater itself. 
I also finished a sweater for my boyfriends friends who are expecting their first little boy. It's a pattern from a book I bought years ago. It's called "Little Anchor Man" and has little anchors stitched throughout the sweater. This is done by simply purling instead of knitting for a certain pattern of stitches. This was my first foray into seaming and it wasn't as difficult as I had previously thought! Don't be afraid of seaming, everyone! It's not as difficult as it seems! Hehe ;) 
My new project is to make myself a sweater! I'm so excited to finally work with the merino wool I bought years ago. It's Bergere de France's Origins merinos, which is now discontinued. I'm using the colors caresse and brassier, which are a steel grey and brownish maroon. I'm making the sweater called "After the Rain" by Heidi Kirmaier. It's just a simple raglan with stripes. 
That's the beginning of the raglan and neckline. I'll post more pictures as I finish. I also agreed to start a set of arm warmers for my friends grandmother who is undergoing dialysis. Her arms get very cold during treatment so I think a nice wool set of arm warmers with fingerless mittens, and possibly a mitten flap, are in order! I'll post pictures as I work on them. 
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! 
Happy Knitting! 
Sara




Comments

Popular Posts