A summer of fun, but not much knitting....

Hi there!

So Wednesday is the official first day of fall. I can't believe how quickly the summer went by! I had so many projects to complete before I went back to school, and only a fraction were finished. This is because I had an awesome time visiting friends, relatives, and foreign countries!

June was a busy month! First, we added another member to our family! His name is Albert! He is a crazy kitten! After about 3 weeks of hissing, growling, and fighting, Walter seems to accept the little man and they are now best friends! 

Then, over the first weekend in June, my little and best friend got married to the love of her life!!
Susan and Steve's first dance!
Susan and Me
Eric trying to be romantic...

And I went home to visit my family! My dad and I sailed in the first regatta of the season! 
It rained the whole time... but it was fun! 

In July, my mother and I went to visit my aunt and uncle in Asheville, North Carolina! We had a blast!
  


I also completed three dresses to take with me on my trip to Hong Kong and Sri Lanka!!!! 

  
 The last two are jersey knit (fabric from Spoon Flower), the first is a satin-y polyester (from JoAnn Fabrics).

Then, in late July, my boyfriend and I headed across the world to Hong Kong to visit his brother. Together with his brother and his girlfriend, we went to Sri Lanka for a whole week! It was incredible and amazing! I loved every second of it!!!

  
  
   

That trip took us into the first week of August already! Yikes!! 
The week after we got back to the states, I went to visit my best friend from Ohio, her husband, and her three adorable kids! 

      


After I returned home, I was able to finish two projects I wanted to complete before summer's end. First, was my best friends wedding present (the wedding in June...). I had agreed to make her a quilt for her bed as her wedding gift. Together we went to pick out the fabric and the pattern and I was finally able to finish it just at the beginning of September! Quilt's take longer than you expect!! She loved it! I also made her a set of matching pillow shams for her shower gift back in May. They look stunning together and I'm so happy they came out so well! 

    

The second project was a bag made out of vinyl to carry my lunch and water bottle, as well as various other items, to and from school each day. I think it came out really well!!  

Then, as my stash got out of hand, I decided it was time to organize. I created a series of note cards to display all yarn I have and how much of it is left. This is a picture of my Cascade 220 collection. 
So far, this system is working well! I am determined to stay on top of this system and not let my stash get to be such a mess again! 

So that was the extent of my summer work! Fall brings some commission work and two sweaters for my mom and me! Looks like a busy fall is ahead of me as well! 

Until next time, 

Happy Knitting!!



Comments

Popular Posts