The One Day Poncho

I'd like to begin this post by saying that this poncho took me two nights, mostly because I went to get fabric after work (school) and then meandered around JoAnn Fabric's looking at sales and getting way too much inspiration to contain to just one fabric.

Actually, I went to JoAnn's to get fabric for a completely different project, saw this fabric, fell in love, and decided I had to have something made out of it. I didn't have a poncho, so there it was!


I made my own pattern because I couldn't find exactly what I wanted elsewhere. I wanted it to be easy, fast and look fabulous!


I think I achieved my goal! It only took five buttons, 1 1/4 yards of fabric and some ingenuity! 
I also, for the first time EVER used my automatic button hole maker on my machine! I LOVE IT! anyone who doesn't have an automatic button hole maker must buy one!!!! 
So this poncho took me two nights to complete, but if I would have made it on a weekend, it would probably have taken me 3/4 of my day to make. Super easy, super comfy, and super stylish! 

I didn't make a tutorial mostly because I didn't take any pictures of the process (I really need to get better about that...), but I'm thinking about making another one and making a tutorial... anyone interested?! Let me know in comments and I'll whip one up! 

Until next time! 

Happy Knitting (and sewing)!

Comments

Popular Posts